Thursday, September 3, 2009

i'm always a little sad when . . .

it's amazing to me how through the long winters here you look so forward to summer. then it gets here, and gets busy, and soon enough, the summer is slipping away.

fall is a time that is both scenic and sad. the mountains light up with fall colors, the air temp cools off to a place where you can be outside in the middle of the day without heat stroke and you feel like everything is going to be ok . . . .but then, you realize, summer is over and winter is next.

school is back in session which means homework, herding kids off to bed and open you damn wallet because everyone needs something, be it clothes, books, tuition, more clothes.

every year about this time its the same: "what do I need to do that I enjoy but cannot do in the winter?" is that because i don't live each day like it might be my last? yeah, probably, or its just the pessimistic realization that in two months i'll be shoveling snow and be bitter about the fact that my summer is gone and I never did _____(fill in the blank).

so, get yourself outdoors and do those blank things so there are no regrets later.

No comments:

Post a Comment